Wednesday, December 10, 2014

My Singapore Food Street at SM Megamall

 “Laksa”. Every Singaporean restaurant has its own version and level of hotness, but the one that is being served here at My Singapore Food Street taste just right. 



I had my first taste of Singaporean food when my wife and I spent a dinner date at Singapore Republic in BGC last year. It made a mark to me because the food is quite different and unique. But the resto offers other Asian dishes which I also tried, so the chance of getting some of the authentic Singaporean food was not fully satisfied. 



My Singaporean Food Street in SM Megamall serves the very food culture of Singapore, so everything they serve are authentic, including most of the ingredients which the management import it from Singapore, like the coffee beans, chili pepper and some other stuff you can only find in Singapore. 



Just over a week ago, I had the rare chance to experience My Singapore Food Street for the very first time. Luckily, I came in a bit early, actually I was the first one to arrive and I had the opportunity to be introduced to Ms. Vivien Tan, My Singapore Food Street’s General Manager. 



Ms. Tan, a notable celebrity chef in Singapore and who happens to host her own TV show, is married to a Filipino who happens to love Singapore food. After migrating with her husband in the Philippines, she brought her passion for Singaporean cuisine and decided to put up the My Singapore Food Street, with the help of business partner Mr. Jean Henri Lhuillier of the PJ Lhuillier Group of Companies. 



The My Singapore Food Street dishes are much like the food that are being offered in the streets of Singapore. It offers the cultural diversity of the country which according to Ms. Tan, a melting pot of different Asian Culture. As a trevia, Singapore is one of the smallest country in the world which use to be part of Malaysia before. The national anthem is in Bahasa-Malaysia, a big percentage of its residents are Indians, Chinese, Malaysians and some Filipinos. Mandarin is being taught in all schools but the primary language is English

Ms. Vivien Tan, My Singapore Food Street's General Manager

Having a very diverse food culture, Singaporean foods blend perfectly in the food preference of every pinoys.  After all guests has arrived, Chef Emman invited us to have a Singaporean kitchen experience, where we took our turns to cook the food in their mini-wok station. 

"Laksa" Spicy soup noodle

After that very fun cooking experience, the management serve some of the resto’s most sought-after dishes. Their signature dishes are Hainanese Chicken Rice, Nasi Goreng, Black Pepper Rice, Singapore Fried Rice, Stir-fried Noodles, Dishes such as Char Kway Teow and Mee Goreng and of course the Laksa, Singaporean version of Pa-thai, which is equally spicy and delicious. The Roti Pratha is best served with its signature Kopi Tarik



The My Singapore Food Street is certainly becoming the talk-of-the-town among Asian foodies around the metro. Serving authentic Singaporean dishes but with some Filipino tweaks, just enough to accustom your taste preference. It is located at 2nd floor bridgeway, SM Megamall. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...